All kinds of transport to get around the city of Nice
All transportation for the city of Nice
Tramway timetable line 2 – “Terminal 2 Airport” to “Jean Médecin” (Nice centre) :
- During the day, a tram every 12 minutes between Jean Médecin and the Airport.
- From Terminal 2 Airport, first departure: 5:30 am – last departure: 8:45 pm, (12:31 am on Friday and Saturday).
- From Jean Médecin (Nice centre), first departure: 6:55 am – last departure: 9:20 pm, (1:05 am on Friday and Saturday).
An increased time slot and frequency from Monday, September 2, 2019.
The bus, the complementary solution to the tramway
When tram line 2 is no longer in service, early in the morning and later in the evening, the “airport direct line” BUS takes over from passengers at a rate of €1 (10-trip booklet) or €1.50 per solo ticket. This shuttle offers a direct journey between downtown Nice and Nice Côte d’Azur Airport in 25 minutes.
City centre – Acropolis Congress Centre connections
– “Solo” ticket: it will allow you to make a 74-minute connecting trip on buses and trams throughout the city. It is sold for €1.50 on buses or in vending machines at tram stations.
– “Multi 10 trips” ticket: it will allow you to make 10 connecting trips for 74 minutes on buses and trams throughout the city. Available for 10€ in vending machines at tram stations and in “Lignes d’Azur” points of sale. This ticket can be used simultaneously by several travellers.
How to reach your “congress” stations by tramway?
To get to the Acropolis Congress Centre: “Acropolis” stops.
To go to the Acropolis Exhibition Centre: stop at “Palais des Expositions”.
Good to know: A tram every 5 minutes during the day. Traveller information screens indicate the waiting time at the station.
Download the tramway map
For more information on buses and trams in Nice: https://www.lignesdazur.com
–> Good to know: There is no sale of tickets on board the tramway. Don’t forget to validate your title each time you climb.
Blue bike, to experience the city differently.
Nice offers an alternative travel service by self-service bicycles. 175 stations throughout the country (one station every 300 ms) provide you with 1750 bicycles, 365 days a year, 7 days a week and 24 hours a day.
How to use your blue bike?
The Blue Bike can be collected quickly at one of the many terminals scattered throughout the city with a credit card. The return is made after use in any station in the city.
The cost of using the service is composed of the cost of the access right and then a cost of use according to the duration of the lease.
Rates for occasional users: free up to 30 minutes – 1€ between 30 minutes and 1h – 2€ per additional hour.
Travel by bus to the city centre.
The urban bus network, which is particularly dense in Nice, provides regular services to all the districts of the city and the Nice-Côte d’Azur metropolitan area.
– For more information about the network and bus schedules: Azur N° 08 1006 1006 1006 (Monday to Saturday – 7am to 8pm on Sunday – 8am to 6pm)
– Lignes d’Azur sales agencies:
– 1 rue d’Italie – Monday/Friday 8am to 7pm – Saturday 8.30am to 6pm
– 4 boulevard Jean Jaurès – Monday/Friday 8am to 7pm
– 17 avenue Thiers – Monday/Friday 8am to 7pm – Saturday 8am to 3pm
Travel by taxi.
To complete its transport offer, Nice also has taxis at your disposal day and night.
Central Taxi Riviera: 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
Tel: +33 (0)4 93 13 78 78 – Fax: +33 (0)4 93 13 78 79
Fixed price fixed price Airport – Nice city centre, daytime 32€
The City of Nice provides some conference organisers with a free Transport Pass, valid for the duration of the event. Remember to check with the organizer of your conference.